I'm feeling a lot better today and I believe it has a lot to do with what I ate and the treatments I gave my body. Below is what I did, in case you are interested, want to use these remedies later or are now suffering from a bad cold/sinus infection/flu/strep or whatever that is that is going around. The stuff which I believe made the most impact I gave an asterisk.
Thursday night - started feeling a very tight jaw
Friday morning awoke to a painfully sore throat
- Took a concoction of vitamins including zinc, vitamin C and magnesium
- Got sicker as the day went on. Had a low fever.
9:30 am - Started feeling nauseated (this I would later determine was because I hadn't eaten anything solid and not because of the bug I had.
9:40 am - threw up and surprisingly felt a lot better immediately after
11:00 am - started feeling sick again, wanted to just sleep and never wake up
Started in on *probiotics:
- raw, homemade sauerkraut (traditional German recipe - ask if you want it, it is extremely good for your body, digestion and will kill a cold)
- two bottles of kombucha with ginger
Somewhere in here I took a hot bath which also helps to burn out the germs, unclog sinuses through steam therapy, etc.
- lots of chicken noodle soup (works as a natural antibiotic)
- more sauerkraut and kombucha
- tons of water (sometimes with *lemon juice which helped break up the mucus)
- Stayed inside and watched movies
- Sudafed (doubled the dose) - I'm not a fan of taking much medication, but this stuff really works. In the past I believed this to be the number one cure. It definitely helps to dry up the gunk but I suffered a major sore throat and earache this evening, even though I took a double dosing of this stuff.
- More chicken soup
- Spicy lentils
- *snorted salt water (kills infections, dries mucus, soothes the throat and nasal cavaties)
- Stayed under the covers with a hot water bottle
1 am Saturday awoke with a massive earache and sore throat on my left side. Tossed and turned in every way but nothing helped. I have never experienced something so excruciatingly painful as this was. It only stopped when I stood fully upright...but that meant I couldn't sleep and I really needed to sleep. After surfing the net, looking through several medical and herbal remedy books I happen to have and finding not much of anything I finally settled on the old hydrogen peroxide in the ear. I was in so much pain and had no idea if adding more liquids in there would help or hurt more but I was willing to try anything at this point. That did it. Really. It was the best thing I could have done.
Saturday Morning - Felt 80% better, took more sudafed, sauerkraut, lemon juice in water and my vitamins.
Saturday afternoon - a slight cold still lingers but fever and sore throat are gone. I am not stuffed up. Actually have energy to get stuff done. I feel a lot better today.