Hello Again

I've been conspicuosly absent from this site and thought it was high-time you all got an update.

This last week's been an incredibly busy one. My series on Polygamy (The Real Big Love) debuted on the Nightside Project. They played it again several times in the morning and pretty much plugged it all day. Some people are talking award-winning. I really enjoyed putting it together, too.

I also got to shoot one of my interviewees with an airsoft gun and we had our Nightside one year anniversary since we've officially been on the air. We're marking that celebration with a fun show tonight. We're pretending to pull archived tape of stuff we've done through the decades. I made mine on Who Shot JR.

Oh, and one other thing I'm not supposed to mention, but I'll mention to you. They're talking syndication. By the end of the month we'll broadcast the show on our sister stations in Phoenix, Seattle, and (just for you east coasters) WTOP in DC.

Comments

B. said…
I can totally relate. I was too busy to update my blog this week because I was like... I mean I was all... there was some...

Oh wait, I mean I can't relate.
abby said…
Wow SJ it will be great to hear you on DC radio. I like the Nightside Project but I rarely get to listen to it since my work blocks us from streaming radio.
Scully said…
That. Is. Awesome. Congrats on everything!
Steve said…
Cool, by time I'm back in DC this fall I'll finally be able to listen to you!!! With the time difference here in Europe, it never works out. I'm really curious to hear your new series. Does the site archive your stories?
Steve said…
Ok, found ALL your pieces here...
http://nightside.ksl.com/index.php/?nid=17
So modest you are not to link to it directly. Cool piece and I love your radio voice!
Unknown said…
Thanks y'all. I really need to go visit the kids still in DC. Is anyone still out there and not practically married?
mj said…
I caught up on all your stuff last night. The polygamy story really was quite good and enlightening. By the way, practically married people are people too (not that I would have any personal experience with that, neccesarily).

Steve, by "back in DC" you meant for a visit, right?
Unknown said…
So this is the part where I realize everyone's hopes are up more than they should be. I found out the show in DC will be two hours of our previously played stuff and that it will run from 1 to 3 in the AM. But they swear if you call in and demand more that they'll put it in an earlier slot. Still, if you happen to be up around that time, you might just hear me.
Steve said…
MJ,

No, as for "back in DC", I mean, I'm coming back to DC. Can you believe it's been two years already?!?! Anyways, two years in DC then off to another country.

So are you 'practically married' yet? ;-)
Joy said…
Very cool!

Popular posts from this blog

Playing house

The vapid stare of television