Tuesday, February 03, 2009

I am beginning to feel restless and stagnant in my life and in need of a change. I've felt this before but don't know what to do about it just yet. Usually I move states or switch jobs when I feel like this. This time I took up belly dancing instead. I didn't go to class tonight. I probably missed some important choreography because of it. But I just felt like that wouldn't do it for me. Not tonight. I am standing still and need to move, or be moved. I just feel like life is just going along, boring. It could be a lack of husband and kids and all this freedom to choose what I want and I don't really know what to do with. I don't know if that is it or that is what I choose to blame. I just know I'm restless for purpose or change or challenge. Something. I can't figure out how to feel fulfilled. Like I'm doing something with my life (even though on the surface it may seem I'm doing a lot) I just feel like there's something more I could learn or do or be and I don't know what that is or where to go to get it or if it will ever happen. It's bugging me.

2 comments:

Sherpa said...

I've been going through what you describe on and off for the past several years.

abby said...

Welcome to being single in your 30s.