Saturday, March 17, 2007

Pink

I'm laying out in my backyard (testing the new swimsuit). Pink is the new tan...at least that's what I'll be saying to people who tell me I look sunburned for the next few days. In Utah I tend to burn then tan...this is what I do. It's nice that it's finally warm enough to lay out for a bit. Just smelling the new grass and dirt beneath and feeling the earth wake up is calming and exciting all at the same time. I told myself just 15 minutes to avoid the burn, but it felt so nice and warm I couldn't help it and had to stay. I can already see the new freckles and feel the warmth seeping into my shoulders, neck and back. Oh it feels so good. I'll have to go buy some aloe.

8 comments:

esperanza said...

Yes! I love the sunshine!!! I have already been wering sunscreen though... LOL.

SJ said...

If I were a red head I'd definitely do the same.

Ever wondered why it was so much easier to tan when you were a kid? At least it seemed easier for me when I was a kid.

sugarcube said...

Was your swimsuit green?

esperanza said...

Yeah, I think I burned more as a kid too...

SJ said...

try navy blue tankini

sugarcube said...

That's a risky color to wear on St.Patrick's Day.

Robert said...

What! No pictures?

SJ said...

no pics...I chose to spare you all from the photos of me in a swimsuit. Trust me on this one.