Phantom Limb

So I luv, luv, luv the new Shins album. Though I think the allusion some people make that phantom limb is about two lesbians is ridiculous (although it definitely has something to do with rebels and outcasts and outsiders like pony boy-may I kiss you again someday). But I am open to an authentic interpretation if James Mercer were ever to read this and tell me differently. I think it has to do with two kids in a small town highschool that feel on the outside of those existing in the world of the spray-on tans. they are just natural and white and sick of trying to fit in.

So we just skirt the hallway signs,
A phantom and a fly,
Follow the lines and wonder why
There's no connection.

A week of rolling eyes,
and cheap shots from the trite
http://www.metrolyrics.com/phantom-limb-lyrics-the-shins.html

purely modern, absolute poetry!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Playing house

The vapid stare of television