Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Karma Pavement Plan II

So you know how I said in a previous post that I always seem to be on this even financial keel? Well, we just made gain share at work. That means employees get extra money and everyone rejoices...and then just when I think "oh, goodie, I actually have extra money" my car is once again the shop. No idea how much this'll cost, but I've got a hunch it'll be right around the dollar amount of the extra money. Am I blessed to have extra to pay for it, or is this karma just keeping me even? And if there's a way to somehow free myself from this cycle and actually have some extra will somebody please fill me in?

9 comments:

Steve said...

I was in the same cycle for quite a while and didn't break it until I got rid of the car!

SJ said...

ha! unfortunately the car is free and I have this policy to not pay for a new one...though it may turn out to be cheaper in the long run if the sable keeps breaking down...maybe i should go on a game show and win one

Abz said...

....or find a really nice old man who will give you his car which is what happened to my mom.

Devon Ellington said...

There's a great book called MIND MAGIC by somebody Hiatt. It talks about how to change poverty consciousness into abundance consciousness by changing the pattern of your thinking to draw what you want nearby. It explains the id, the ego, and the superego and how they intereact to block you or help you.

Usually those types of books make me want to bark, but this one is actually helpful.

Steve said...

I STILL don't have a car. But I did get a girlfriend with one. ;-) Does the new beau have a car? Although living in Europe without a car is a million times easier and more practical than the US. :(

SJ said...

yes, he does have a car, an SUV, but he HATES driving. He says it's cuz it guzzles so much gas... so he makes me drive a lot.

SJ said...

Dearest Devon-I keep meaning to learn more about the power of the sub-concious mind. Maybe I'll have to check it out. This psychic once told me I actually had a very powerful mind to influence things if I really "put my mind to it". Yes, yes, psychic, mind power, the subconcious...nay-sayers nay say all you want, but maybe, just maybe there's something there...maybe

Steve said...

Well, that is his own fault for buying a terrorist supporting vehicle. Brilliant idea though, since he hates driving it, you can drive it all you want! Win-win-win. :)

esperanza said...

Definitely its a blessing to get that extra money always right when you need it! That car of yours.... Don't you wish we were all millionaries and could afford a few good cars? jk.