It's been a long December

...and there's reason to believe maybe next year will be better than the last.


Tom (aka Erin) stayed over last night and I took her to the airport in the wee hours of this morning. I always think I'm at least somewhat close to the same height as my friends, that is until we take photos and am forced to face reality. The world is not 5' 4".

This weekend has been full of friends in town for the holidays, young married couples, babies, engagements, bridal showers and children. It was good to see all my girl cousins and my aunt, and the gal that will soon be my cousin-in-law. She is a strong girl with a good head on her shoulders (and we all know we could all use more of that sort in our lives). Joel really picked a good one. Erin is good people, too, and I miss hanging out with her and the rest of the DC crew. Can't believe it's been over a year and a half since I left. Good times run through my head and people I will never forget and always remain friends with. We've come so far, kids. We're all doing good things with our lives and growing and changing and some are married and having babies, and moving up in the world and before we all know it we'll look back and remember when we were young and had the Crystal City brunch society and stayed up all hours of the night in fits of laughter and philosophy and music and dancing days and times at the Black Cat and Ben's Chili Bowl and we'll remember how magical we all were and are. Here's to the new year, and the good road ahead, and the good times with the good people I know and love.

Comments

Joy said…
It was great seeing you last night!
mj said…
keepin' it real. one of these days we'll hang out too, sj.
chartie said…
yay for Counting Crows lyrics. How the heck are ya?
Unknown said…
Hey, I know you! I mean I think this is Chris, right?

Popular posts from this blog

Playing house

The vapid stare of television