The Crack of Dawn

This is the second day I've been up by 4:30 in the a.m. for the morning shift. It'll be like this for the next three weeks. So if you're in Northern Utah you can hear my newscast every hour on the half hour on Classical 89.

A few things I've noticed getting up this early

1)Surprising how much I can get done during the day. I'm off by 1 in the afternoon and find myself more willing to do house chores, read, and work on the projects I keep telling myself I'm going to work on.

2)Not as hard as I thought it'd be to get up that early

3)The day seems to go faster

4)I've realized there's nothing on daytime television but the soaps and Judge Judy, and the soaps with the worst plots ever (Passions-they seriously have a magic baby that casts spells on people to make them fall in love) can suck me in like a vacuum.

5)I think of myself as a night owl, but have discovered I'm a much more creative writer early in the morning.

6)I'm glad I don't have to get up as early as Renee Montaigne (how does her voice sound so good at 4 am?)

Comments

Joy said…
I had to work that shift occasionally when I was in my old job. After my body got used to it, I enjoyed it.

Popular posts from this blog

Playing house

Don't Touch My Junk