Boo!

My favorite part of this holiday is dressing up in all sorts of dramatic cosumes. I really wanted to get into the dreadful spirit this year so I dressed up as that dead maid from THE OTHERS at the barn dance on Saturday. It was so good I scared my roommate, and a little girl. Tonight I will probably just dress in an all black velvet dress and wear fangs or something and hand out candy (if we get any trick or treaters). My hope is that as I get older I turn into one of those fun old ladies that has a fog machine and webs and spiders and I'll chop sausage and tell kids it's someone's fingers and I'll have a husband that will dress up as some horrific bloody monster so we can scare the little ones half to death. I love Halloween!

This year is especially spooky with Mars so close to Earth, the closest it will be in 13 yrs, lit up like a great orange pumpkin in the sky.

Here's a little Hallow's Eve History Science Theater for your own frightfully delightful celebration ideas.

Oh yes, and Happy Reformation Day. On this day, in 1517, Martin Luther nailed his 95 theses on the door of the Castle Church in Wittenberg. Long live freedom of Religion.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Playing house

Don't Touch My Junk