Monday, December 24, 2012

A dream over troubled waters

The other night I had a dream I was in a ship, an encapsulated ship and it was full of children and a teacher. I was in the back of the ship. I looked out the window (it was like an airplane window) to see troubled waters. Foaming, stormy and suddenly these huge cones of water came up like cyclones of a hurricane. I could tell we were in danger. The teacher yelled that there was no escaping, this was happening and we were all going to die. I tried desperately to break the glass and escape before we went under and into the deep. I thought if I could just break the glass I'd be able to get out and survive. Children were crying while their parents held them. They were frightened. Death was inevitable. I could not break the glass no matter how hard I hit it. Then I woke up.

This dream really scared me...so naturally I turned to the internet to interpret what awfulness awaits. Turns out going into deep water and dreams of death can represent the subconscious mind and change in life. Plunging into deep water, a storm and all that signifies spirituality and the deeper recesses of one's mind. Death means one is shedding something from the past and transforming or experiencing the "death" of a part of one's self.

Freud, Jung and various dream interpreters would probably all see this a different way with somewhat similar elements. Either way it gave me some comfort.

No comments: