Tuesday, September 11, 2012

King Cobra on the Island

I woke up from a dream about hiking higher and coming to a difficult part. Everyone else either seemed able to get over it or found the easy way. I needed a helping hand to get over a scary, rough part that was too big to climb alone...and right after someone held out their hand to me and put me in the lead in front of the other hikers I reached out my hand to feel the next step out on the ground above (the trail was that steep) only to stumble upon 1. an armadillo/lizard of some sort that was deemed harmless. It walked right off and all was fine... and then 2. when I reached out again I laid my hand on a giant king cobra! It was practically hidden because it was the same color as the earth and rocks it slithered on. But there it was and I had laid my hand on it and caught its attention. I knew if I sank back down the path I could maybe get it to forget about me and slither on but I wasn't sure if it would move on or not. Then I woke up.

I looked up snakes and king cobras because these are not things I regularly dream about. Apparently there is something in my life that I am not paying attention to and really need to and this is my subconscious trying to get my attention. I am pretty sure I know what it is and just simply need to deal with it.

So here I am with this giant, hidden cobra and I'm not sure if it is going to strike.

No comments: