Sunday, July 08, 2012

How not to talk to someone about a break up...and also why sometimes our dreams lack a plot (a working theory)

I didn't sleep much last night. Not for lack of trying. It was mostly a series of vivid images and lots of waking in between.

I have been wondering lately if the way other people think (their thought waves/energy/aura/soul) can seep into your mind and affect your dreams.

Anyway it was a series of images (instead of the usual story line) and lots of waking in between and thinking and hurting about the break up. Everyone has an opinion for me about the split. People with the loudest opinions seem to be perpetually single, though, so I don't know why they feel so comfortable with all this armchair philosophy when all I really need is a sympathetic ear and a hug...I'm allowed to hurt and cry and grieve and miss someone.

Side note about the rabbit dream and the boy in it who wasn't interested in me btw...that turns out to be a bit of a psychic premonition. I tried to go on a date on Friday morning (we met for coffee) to just keep myself busy. The guy was so checked out and he didn't even know it. He was really not into me. Hard to believe, I know. Also, I think I pushed myself to go on the date to get over my ex bf but really I don't want to do that at all. I just want to cry and I want a hug and I want people to see things the way I see them and want me forever.

And possibly I shouldn't be going on dates right now anyway when I know I'm not actually feeling like it.

Love is a miracle. I'm really sad. And I didn't sleep much.

No comments: