Saturday, September 24, 2011

I'm in love!

With San Francisco. Obviously.

The thing about living here is I'm surrounded by smart, interesting single people who like to do stuff all the time and in a city that always has something actually cool going on...and involves good food and entertainment on top of that.

Also, everyone here, so far, has been super friendly. I hung out the other night with a guy who works for Google, the next night with some developers from Twitter. This happens here. I could, no joke, go to a party every single night of the week if I wanted.

Also, people eat well.They are interesting and funny and educated and like to talk about what's going on in the world. And they are nice. Really, sincerely nice. They like art. They like good wine. They actually know their wines. People here care about the environment and being healthy. I mean it. They compost or recycle everything. Everything. Really.

And yes, sure, they eat out a lot but also won't bat an eyelash if someone says they are vegan or going on a cleanse. That's normal. Some of the best Mexican I've had so far here was from a vegan restaurant in the Mission. Also, they have entire restaurants that cater to the raw food lifestyle. Raw food. Like as in they don't cook it and people live this way.

I can't help but wish I'd moved here a decade ago. I was a vegan then. I was studying journalism and anthropology. I had a lot of deeply weird (and wonderful) woo-woo thoughts. I read the Tao. I did yoga on a regular basis. I had no idea what the hell I was doing.

Basically what I'm saying is I fit. This town has my heart. It is full of kids just like me. And I'm in love.

2 comments:

erinannie said...

Sounds amazing. But I want to know where and how you are meeting all these guys!

SJ said...

You just do here. You go to one party or another and guys like to date here. You talk for a bit, they get your number, you go out. It's crazy amazing! I love it!